VeeHof event: an outstanding success
At JFM, we do a variety of design and marketing tasks to help our clients achieve their business goals. VeeHof Dairy Services Ltd were looking at running a Hoof Care Expo for Farm Owners, Farm Managers and Share Milkers. We discussed what their objectives were for the event, what they needed and what success looked like. JFM reflected on this information and the target market.
We assisted by creating the following support materials:
- An event plan: to give a run down on what preparation was needed for the day and what would happen on the day.
- An event invitation, which was distributed to selected farm boxes: the wording, design and printing materials were all chosen keeping the target audience in mind.
- Updating and reprinting brochures for goody bags: when you have an event, it’s always really important to consider what information you are giving out and ensuring it’s up to date.
- Ordering nametags: nametags provide direction to attendees as to whom to go to with questions and look really professional.
- Road signage: due to VeeHof’s prime location on State Highway 1, large roadside signage was displayed so people knew about the event.
- Media release and adverts: to reinforce the print invitations that were distributed, JFM created a media release which was picked up by media outlets and designed print adverts in specific publications read by the target market.
- Website update with graphics: we created a new post on the events section of the website informing readers about the event. We also created a website header graphic, which redirected to that page when clicked.
- Taking photographs and doing a social media post on the day: the staff at VeeHof were busy interacting with clients and generally making the event successful, so JFM took some photographs to capture the day. We also created a Facebook post to display the event photos and thank people for their attendance.
This free event was highly successful, with approximately 70 people in attendance. With a seminar, variety of hands-on demonstrations to watch and participate in, as well as a free lunch, attendees also stayed around for a few hours. When planning events, the key to success is considering what the target audience are interested in and how to best reach them. You need to be strategic and deliberate in your approach. If you ever need assistance with an event, give us a call at JFM Marketing + Design.